Well this is it! It’s officially time to announce our annual open call for submissions! Pre-Shrunk is a much loved annual group show that asks artists to create work on a surface measuring 4” x 5”. We encourage submissions from artists both established and emerging, created in the medium of their choosing.
- Works must be created on a surface that measures 4” x 5”. Pieces that
do not measure 4” x 5” will not be accepted.
- Artists can submit no more than five pieces.
- If works are on canvas, we ask that you do NOT attach a hanging
device (i.e.: wire or hooks – the gallery will take care of this for continuity)
- If you plan on working on paper, please mount your works
onto a sturdy 4” x 5” surface that can be hung on the wall.
- Submissions must be new, and not previously shown.
- Please include your name, phone number, email address, and list of
materials used along with your submission.
To apply for this year’s show, please photograph your completed piece/ pieces and send your images in jpeg format to email@example.com. SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS MIDNIGHT, JANUARY 7th If your work is selected by the jury, you will be notified by phone or email the following week.
*Pieces that are selected for this year’s exhibition will be priced at $175 each, with standard 50% commission. Please bare this price in mind while creating your artwork.
*DeSerres and the NSCAD bookstore have kindly ordered pre-made 4” x 5” canvas and board to supply artists wanting to participate in this exhibition. Supplies are limited.
SHOW OPENS FRIDAY JANUARY 23rdth
Please telephone the gallery, 902-425-9456 if you have any questions in regards to the requirements of this popular group show.
From the gals of Argyle Fine Art,
Adriana Afford and Crystal Ross
1559 Barrington Street
Halifax, NS B3J 2Z7