If for some reason you need an extra day or so, get in touch with us! We are hoping many of our gallery artists will participate again and we can hardly wait to meet NEW ARTISTS we don't even know exist yet. This show is often how we meet new artists to work with in the following months. It's how we met Melissa Townsend and Katharine Burns, for example. As long as the work measures 4" x 5" as the main dimensions, it's eligible! Happy Creating on canvas, board, paper, metal, ceramic etc....
ALL THE DETAILS ARE BELOW and you can pick up supplies at DeSerres and the NSCAD Art Supply store (but they are closing for the holidays on Dec. 23rd and not re-opening until Jan. 4th...so plan accordingly) or create your own surface!
Pre-Shrunk 2016 Submissions Call!
Calling all artists, calling all artists!
It’s that time of year again! We are announcing our open call for submissions for Pre-Shrunk, our much loved annual group show that asks artists to create work on a 4x5” surface. We encourage submissions from both established and emerging artists in their preferred medium.
|Last year's Pre-Shrunk opening as seen from Attica.|
- Works must be on a 4x5” surface. Pieces that do not measure 4x5” will not be considered.
- Artists may submit a maximum of five pieces
- We ask that you do NOT attach hanging devices (ie wire, hooks, d-rings, etc). The gallery will take care of this for continuity.
- If you are working on paper it must be mounted on to a sturdy 4x5” surface that can be hung on the wall.
- Submissions must be new and not previously shown.
- Please include:
- Your name
- Phone number and email address
- Title and materials used to create the work
To apply for this year’s show please send photographs of completed work in a JPEG format to email@example.com.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: JANUARY 6th at MIDNIGHT
If your work is selected by the jury you will be notified by phone or email the following week.
- Pieces that are selected for this year’s exhibition will be priced at $175 each, with standard 50% commission. Please keep this price in mind when creating your pieces.
- DeSerress and the NSCAD bookstore have kindly ordered pre-made 4x5” canvas and boards to supply artists wanting to participate in this show. Supplies are limited.
SHOW OPENS FRIDAY JANUARY 22nd
Please phone or drop in to the gallery if you have any questions regarding the show – 902.425.9456. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
From your pals at Argyle Fine Art,
Adriana Afford and Caitlin McGuire
1559 Barrington St, Halifax , NS