Friday, September 18, 2026

      The Watch Committee

By Marsha Koersvelt

    Tomorrow afternoon we will be hosting the opening for Marsha's new show "The Watch Committee". All of the works are on display now, however if you would like to speak with the artist the opening if a great time to do so. All of these works have such personality. You can see the full show online now if you click here

Marsha Koersvelt, Stand on Guard, Acrylic on Board, 14" by 14"

Marsha Koersvelt, Back Off Bobby, Acrylic on Board, 16" by 16"

Marsha Koersvelt, My Nuts!, Acrylic on Board, 10" by 10"

Marsha aims to create a sense of character, personality and the spirit of the critters that she paints. She hopes that these elements translate to the viewer with joy, happiness and whimsy. Seeing these works in person and watching them watch you is an experience you don't want to miss!

The Artist, Marsha Koersvelt



Introducing Myself

Hello! My name is Hutch and I have just started here at the gallery. I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am a multidisciplinary artist (however mainly a photographer). I focus on themes of nostalgia, feminism and family dynamics. When I am not running around with my variety of cameras, I am usually in my studio working on a variety of printmaking, watercolor painting, collage, or knitting projects.
I am originally from Minnesota and moved to Halifax in 2018 to attend NSCAD University. I graduated in May of 2023 with a BFA in photography. Since graduation, I had taken some time off to focus on starting a full time job and getting used to a new schedule. In the last year or two, I have been re-discovering my love for creating. Starting at the gallery has been another step towards fulfilling a passion of living a life surrounded by artistic creation.
I am so excited for my future of working at the gallery and can't wait to meet everyone!