WOW! Time flies- it’s already time to start thinking about being part of our biggest “small” show of the year! Our much loved annual group show asks artists to create small works on 4”x5” surfaces.We encourage submissions from both established and emerging artists in their preferred mediums and all ages of artists,so take a look at the guidelines below and start making some art!
|Here are 3 examples of Pre-Shrunk paintings by Craig Baltzer. The only really big rule with these little ones is that the surface needs to measure NO MORE THAN 4" x 5". We especially love these deeper/wider edged surfaces shown here.|
- Works must be on a 4x5” surface. Pieces that do not measure 4x5” will not be considered.
- If you are sculpting the base of your sculpture must be 4x5”, but there is no height limit.
- Artists may submit a maximum of 5 pieces.
- We ask that you do NOT attach hanging devices (ie wire, hooks, d-rings, etc). The gallery will take care of this for continuity.
- If you are working on paper it must be archival and mounted on a sturdy 4x5” surface that can be hung on the wall. (you can ask us about this
- Works done with materials such as charcoal and pastels must be fixed (ie sprayed) to protect the work.
- You can work in any medium you chose (ie watercolour, oil, graphite, etc.)
- We discourage the use of thin canvas or masonite boards as they are not easily wall mountable.
- Submissions must be new and not previously shown.
- To submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your name
- Phone number and email address
- Titles of pieces and materials used to create the work
- Images in a jpeg format, titled as indicated below.
- Please title your image files as follows
- Last name, first initial, title of piece, number of submission
- Ex: McGuireC_GreenRoom01.jpg, McGuireC_BlueRoom02.jpg, McGuireC_PinkRoom03.jpg, McGuireC_OrangeRoom04.jpg, McGuireC_RedRoom05.jpg
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: FRIDAY JANUARY 4th at MIDNIGHT
If your work is selected by the jury you will be notified by phone or email the following week. You will then be required to bring the work in person or by mail.
- Pieces that are selected for this year’s exhibition will be priced at $175 each, with standard 50% commission. Please keep this price in mind when creating your pieces.
- DeSerres (1546 Barrington St, Halifax) and the NSCAD Art Supply Store (1874 Hollis St, Halifax) have kindly ordered pre-made 4x5” canvas and boards to supply artists wanting to participate in this show. Supplies are limited. You can also make your own surfaces to paint on. Again we discourage the use of canvas board.
SHOW OPENS TO THE PUBLIC FRIDAY JANUARY 25th from 7-9PM
Please phone, email or drop in to the gallery if you have any questions regarding the show – 902.425.9456. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
From your pals at Argyle Fine Art,
Adriana Afford and Claire MacDonald
1559 Barrington St, Halifax , NS
902.425.9456 email@example.com/ argylefineart.blogspot.com