Saturday, June 2, 2012

Artist a day: June 2nd, Andrew MacDonald

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I CANNOT take a good photo 
of this man's work. It's impossible. Or at least it is for me...  
Andrew MacDonald was in yesterday with his most recent painting, in a series of houses that dot the north end of Halifax. Now listen to me very carefully, You MUST see this painting in person!! His windows baffle the mind with their incredible luminosity. This brightness is paired with trees that are hauntingly lit with pretty coloured lights, and set against dark layers of violet sky. MacDonald finishes it all with a heavy coat of resin which 
seals the painting in a glassy finish. 

 "Fuller Terrace" Acrylic and Resin on Canvas 16.5" x 60" Andrew MacDonald $785

Fuller Terrace (Detail)
 (Detail)
 (Detail)