Sunday, April 26, 2020

SUNDAY STUDIO DAYS: Gordon MacDonald

Welcome to the fourth installment of our Sunday Studio Days series.  This week we'll be featuring the studio of gallery artist Gordon MacDonald!

Gordon has been busy preparing for his upcoming solo exhibition in July.  We're excited to see what he conjures up for us this year...

Inside Gordon MacDonald's Studio.  Halifax, NS
"...I work at home, I paint. Like most people, I want to go to the beach but other than my weekly visits to Argyle, I'm pretty content at home painting and extremely fortunate to have this." 

Gordon is always painting.  Here's a glimpse of a work in progress...
"Adriana has given me a show every year since 2004. I'm painting because I can't predict even a month from now, let alone 3, 4 or even a year ahead. If things start to open up and I'm without work, I will have wasted the time I have now...I would paint on a desert island, so there is no difference." - Gordon MacDonald

For inspiration, Gordon likes to surround himself with books and art...

Here's a couple of recent works by Gordon for your viewing pleasure;

Gordon MacDonald, Antigonish, 36" x 48", oil on canvas

Gordon MacDonald, Saskatoon Airport, 7" x 9", oil on copper on board

Featured paintings are available for purchase. For details contact the gallery at (902) 425-9456, or via email at gallery@argylefa.com


To see more of Gordon's works, follow the link to our FLICKR page HERE