Thursday, January 6, 2022

Artist Spotlight: Sabine Kearns!

Weeee're back! We hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday, and we'd like to wish everyone a very happy New Year! We're excited to see what the new year brings. We thought we'd start things off  by re-introducing you to a relatively new artist to the gallery Sabine Kearns!    

Originally from South Africa, Sabine moved to British Columbia in 1997. After 21 years in Canada, Sabine and her family now call Nova Scotia home... 

Sabine Kearns, "Hear the Quiet", 12" x 12", acrylic on canvas
"I live in the small seaside community of Hunts Point on the South Shore where I work from my home studio. Ever since I was a young child, I have always enjoyed drawing and making art. Apart from a few art workshops, I am a self-taught artist, and enjoy painting in acrylics using bold, vibrant colours and clean lines."

Sabine Kearns, "Winter Setting In", 24" x 24", acrylic on canvas

Sabine Kearns (Left) "Seaside Quilts", (Right) "White Sheets",
6" x 6",acrylic on canvas (each)
"I love nature, and one of my favourite pastimes is to find inspiration in beautiful hidden coves and white sand beaches, wildflower files and old barns or craggy cliffs and sheltered harbours."

Sabine Kearns, "February Sky", 12" x 12", acrylic on board
Sabine Kearns, "Autumn Memories", 12" x 12", acrylic on canvas

"My art is happy art and reflects my peaceful life. It’s a privilege to create something that bringing joy to others and I hope that through my art I can make someone smile and maybe help make the world a little brighter."

Sabine Kearns, (Left) "Good Things To Come" & (Right) "Always Reaching",
 24" x 24", acrylic on canvas (each).

Sabine Kearns, "The View From Here", 24" x 24", acrylic on canvas

Sabine will also be submitting NEW WORK to this years' PRE-SHRUNK 2022 exhibition
which opens January 28!!! 

Did you know Artists like Sabine become known to us through group exhibitions like Pre-Shrunk? The show is a great way to get involved with the gallery and to have your work seen!

 There's still time to apply, the deadline for submissions is midnight January 8th!

Click HERE for submission guidelines.

*** JANUARY SALE!!! ***

Don't forget to check out our January sale on selected small works, for best selection follow the link HERE

Featured artworks are available for purchase, for details contact the gallery at
(902) 425-9456 or via email at gallery@argylefa.com