Sweet Sixteen! Our 16th year for PRE-SHRUNK is in 2020! We can hardly believe that is possible. Want to be part of our Pre-Shrunk show? It’s the biggest “small” show of the year! Our much loved annual group show asks artists to create small works on 4”x5” surfaces. We encourage submissions from both established and emerging artists in their preferred mediums and all ages of artists, so take a look at the guidelines below and start making some art!
- Works must be on a 4x5” surface. Pieces that do not measure 4x5” will not be considered. We do not want artists to use the thin canvas or masonite boards as they are not easily wall mountable for the buyer and tend not to sell as well as other surfaces in the show.
- If you are sculpting the base of your sculpture must be 4x5”, but there is no height limit.
- Artists may submit a maximum of 5 pieces.
- We ask that you do NOT attach hanging devices (ie wire, hooks, d-rings, etc). The gallery will take care of this for continuity.
- If you are working on paper it must be archival and mounted on a sturdy 4x5” surface that can be hung on the wall. (you can ask us about this)
- Works done with materials such as charcoal and pastels must be fixed (ie sprayed) to protect the work.
- You can work in any medium you chose (ie watercolour, oil, graphite, etc.)
- Submissions must be new and not previously shown.
- To submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your name
- Phone number and email address
- Titles of pieces and materials used to create the work
- Images in a jpeg format, titled as indicated below.
- Please title your image files as follows
- Last name, first initial, title of piece, number of submission
- Ex: McGuireC_GreenRoom01.jpg, McGuireC_BlueRoom02.jpg, McGuireC_PinkRoom03.jpg, McGuireC_OrangeRoom04.jpg, McGuireC_RedRoom05.jpg
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: SATURDAY JANUARY 4th at MIDNIGHT
If the jury selects your work you will be notified by phone or email the following week. You will then be required to bring the work in person or by mail. We will not be notifying anyone of their acceptance in the show prior to the submission deadline and the jury meeting.
- Pieces that are selected for this year’s exhibition will be priced at $175 each, with standard 50% commission. Please keep this price in mind when creating your pieces.
- DeSerres (1546 Barrington St, Halifax) and the NSCAD Art Supply Store (1874 Hollis St, Halifax) have kindly ordered pre-made 4x5” canvas and boards to supply artists wanting to participate in this show. Supplies are limited. You can also make your own surfaces to paint on.
SHOW OPENS TO THE PUBLIC FRIDAY JANUARY 24th from 7-9PM
Please phone, email or drop in to the gallery if you have any questions regarding the show – 902.425.9456. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
From your pals at Argyle Fine Art,
Adriana Afford and Andre Dumont
1559 Barrington St, Halifax , NS
902.425.9456 email@example.com/ argylefineart.blogspot.ca
Argyle Fine Art is not currently looking for new artists for this location, however we are always interested in seeing what you are doing for the future season. If interested in submitting your work via a portfolio please follow the submission recommendations below:
An exhibition proposal/ request to show a body of work at the gallery should include the following:
A professional resume/CV
An artist statement
A CD with images, a LINK to your blog or site, or NO MORE THAN 5 images (Jpegs, 300 dpi max)
Do Not Send Us The Physical Artwork or just SHOW UP with ARTWORK!
Please include information on each work: medium, size and date of completion
Reviews, catalogues, articles, history of sales if any.
SASE self addressed stamped envelope if mailing your submission.
You can email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposal of work to be exhibited - optional
You can mail or drop off submissions addressed to:
Argyle Fine Art
Attention: Exhibitions Coordinator
1559 Barrington Street, Unit 102
Thank you for your interest in our gallery.
We will attempt to contact you in writing within one month of receiving your submission.