Thursday, April 25, 2019

Hello, my name is...

Over the past week or so, I've had the pleasure of meeting some of you in the gallery. And while I may look familiar to some, I will be meeting many of you for the first time. Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Andre Dumont, and I'm thrilled to announce that I'll be joining the team here at Argyle Fine Art! I have a background in both visual art and theatre. I'm a maker and volunteer with the Dartmouth Players. I enjoy building props and designing sets for the Sawmill Playhouse.

I have an interest in painting, printmaking and 3D design. I'm originally from Stephenville, Newfoundland but have been living in Nova Scotia for over a decade.  I currently call Downtown Dartmouth home. I have over ten years experience working within the Arts community of Halifax and it's commercial art galleries. It has been a great honour to have met and worked with so many talented artists over the years.


 

I’m excited to continue this tradition as Argyle Fine Art’s newest staff member.  I would like to thank Adriana for this opportunity, and Claire for showing me the ropes last week.  I still have some catching up to do, but I am grateful for the support and encouragement I have received from such a wonderful team!