Wednesday, August 23, 2023

New Gallery Assistant Just Dropped...

     Hello! I'm delighted to introduce myself as Emily Krueckl (she/her), the newly appointed Assistant Gallery Manager at Argyle Fine Art. With a passion for art making, curation and community, I am thrilled to be taking on this position.


    Hailing originally from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, located on Treaty 6 land, I've since made my home in the vibrant artistic city of Halifax, also known as Kjipuktuk, for the last four years. I’ve been a lover of art since early childhood and have always found a way to get my hands on some kind of craft, paint or mark making tool!


    I initially started my academic career in Vancouver, BC where I lived and studied interior design at Kwantlen Polytechnic University for four years. There I was exposed to the world of design, aesthetics and functionality. This foundation gave me the tools to explore and expand my personal artistic practice in unique ways I had never experienced before. My passion for creative expression and a deepening love for visual art pushed me to transfer degrees and move from Vancouver to Halifax where I proudly completed a Bachelor of Fine Arts at NSCAD in 2021.





Self portrait, colour pencil 2023

    Nowadays my art practice consists largely of hand felting, painting and drawing. I am a sucker for portraiture, the expression of mundanity of life and finding different ways to abstract my ideas through my art!
Dubbed the “eyeball girl” in some of my social circles you’ll often find me talking about, sharing or selling my hand felted eyeballs at the occasional market.


Hand felted eyeballs

South End Vintage Market, 2023


    As Assistant Gallery Manager at Argyle Fine Art, I am excited to join and contribute to the arts community and connect with fellow artists and art lovers. Come down to the gallery to say hello, or add me on my personal or artpage instagrams, @emnetsia & @lithi.em.art, and send me a message!
I can't wait to get to know you!