Friday, June 22, 2018

Hello, my name is...

If you've stopped by the gallery recently you may have noticed an unfamiliar face lurking behind the desk -it's me, Claire! I'm so thrilled to join Adriana and Caitlin at the gallery as the newest member of the team. Having the opportunity to meet and work with some of the many talented artists and art enthusiasts in our city has me so excited!

Although I'm new on the block, I'm not new to the city. I grew up in Dartmouth, and completed a BFA at NSCAD University in 2012 with a major in Jewellery Design and Metalsmithing. After graduating, I moved to Toronto for a three-year  artist-in-residency. I ended up staying in Toronto for almost five years, and returned to Halifax in the fall of 2016. It's so great to be back home, not just because I get to live by the ocean again, but also because of the amazing and supportive arts community that exists in Halifax.
When I'm not at the gallery, you can likely find me tucked away in my home studio designing and creating jewellery, or cuddling my greyhound, Flint.




If you're downtown, stop by the gallery to say hello; I'm looking forward to having the chance to get to know all of you!